WLS maintains panels of suitably qualified linguists to work as freelance Translators, Editors, Translation Tutors, TEFL Tutors and Language Tutors. Please see the work descriptions and requirements set out below and click the appropriate link on the left, if you wish to be included on any of the relevant panels.
•All applications will receive an automated response.
•Placement on panel and further contact will depend on availability of work and suitability of application.
Translators & Editors
Working from European languages into English and vice versa:
• Mother tongue speakers of target language
• Specific translation qualification into the mother tongue OR academic qualifications with substantial professional experience
• Computing and Communication facilities
•For editors, at least 3 years relevant experience
Correcting work for students taking our translation courses by distance learning, from English into French, German, Italian, Spanish,Portuguese and vice-versa:
• Mother-tongue speakers of any variety of the above languages
• Specific translation qualification e.g. MA in Translation Studies
• Substantial and varied experience in professional translation
• Experience in teaching or training
• Based anywhere in the world.
Teaching business or general language to company employees in their own premises. Courses are provided in European languages, including English as a foreign language (EFL).
Requirements for registration:
• Mother-tongue speakers of European languages
• Qualified language teachers OR qualified linguists with substantial experience
• Residing in Dublin or surrounding areas
Correcting work for students taking our TEFL courses by distance learning:
• Mother-tongue speakers of English
• University graduates with TEFL qualification
• At least 5 years' experience of EFL teaching.
• Experience in TEFL teacher training
Back to top